Workspace: Codes and technical tools
Items on this page
- Pickdata (Pick data from a figure with the cursor and write to file.)
- 2-dimensional Langevin (Demonstration of a stochastic process in 2 dimensions.)
- Confid (Simulate a fission experiment with a dipole in inverse kinematics.)
- Match (Match information from experiment with model prediction.)
- SATAN executable and help system.
Pick up data points from the screen, dump numerical values.Often one is
interested in extracting the numerical values of data, which are only
available as data points in a figure. Display the figure on the screen,
start PICKDATA and click on the data points. The numerical values will
be written to a file. The programm runs on WINDOWS versions with a
transparency option of the windows or under WINE on Linux. (For WINDOWS
XP this feature is provided by add-ons; from VISTA on, transpareny is a
standard option. On Linux, the terminal command transset -c 0.5 may be used.)
2-dimensional Langevin codeThis
is a demonstration of the numerical solution of the Langevin equations
in two dimensions, the elongation and the mass asymmetry in fission.
The dissipation strength and the temperature can be varied.
The code runs on Windows or under Wine on Linux. The program is written in JBasic . The zip file contains the code and the JBasic run-time library. Start the program by running Langevin.exe.
A code for simulating a nuclear-fission experiment with a magnetic dipole.
Short description and long writeup.
Download of source code and executables.
INSTALLING THE EXECUTABLE PACKAGE AND STARTING CONFID:
1. Download the zip file and unpack all files in one folder.
2. Start CONFID by running confid.bat in a command window.
Look up the Readme.txt file for more detailed information.
MATCHA computer code for matching the information from incomplete experimental data and a model calculation.
The following information is required:
MATCH code constructs two likelihood functions from the experimental
and the calculated multi-variate distributions and determines the
maximum of the weighted sum of the log-likelihood functions. A few
parameters allow to adjust the influences of the experimental
data and of the model values and correlations individually to optimize
- 1-dimensional array of experimental data with uncertainties. The data can be incomplete.
- 1-dimensional array from a model calculations.
- Corresponding covariance matrix (2-dimensional) from the model calculation.
The code can be used to determines a complete
distribution which is consistent with the experimental data while
considering the theoretical constraints by the correlations between the
data points from the calculated covariance matrix.
Download zip file.
Satan executable: Download file.
Help system: Link to Satan help system, download files.
Running SATAN requires the PL/I run-time library.